Monday, November 9, 2009

Nov 6 2009 >123 Pleasant St .Morgantown, WV

I overheard Michael from One Hundred Hurricanes telling Jess from Lightfoot that this place was probably the best place to play in West Virginia. I was skeptical at first, but after a night like that, I have to say I believe it. The crowd was gracious, the crew was great, there were two bars on both sides of the venue, great songs coming from the bar Jukebox while we were setting up. Two thumbs up.

Anyways, One Hundred Hurricanes (who closed out the night) were great to finally see. They have a great style that reminded me of The Strokes, even hints of The Arctic Monkeys.

Lightfoot was pretty darn good too. The two piece came all the way from DC. With them, I sensed hints of June Carter and Cash, and actually sounded a bit like She And Him.

Anyways, Here was our set list:

I'm A Sinner
The Human Spirit
Pennsylvania
Fruit
Bear Hands
The Coffin Maker's Son
The Life of a Biological Organism
I'll Sing in the Mourning
Self Portrait/Amazing Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment